They're for card catalogs!! The artist's best friend.
My day job is library work. In one of my past libraries they surplussed all the old card catalogs when we went to an electronic database. I picked up this one for the princely sum of $50. In retrospect I should have gotten a half-dozen given what the home decorators charge for them as furniture now.
But regardless, once you pull out the metal rods which hold the cards, you've got dozens of long drawer prefect for holding pencils, rulers, and other tools of the trade. Simply line the bottom with a piece of cardboard and you're good to go!
My day job is library work. In one of my past libraries they surplussed all the old card catalogs when we went to an electronic database. I picked up this one for the princely sum of $50. In retrospect I should have gotten a half-dozen given what the home decorators charge for them as furniture now.
But regardless, once you pull out the metal rods which hold the cards, you've got dozens of long drawer prefect for holding pencils, rulers, and other tools of the trade. Simply line the bottom with a piece of cardboard and you're good to go!